Graduation countdown and sickness...
Johnny graduates in 6 days, so of course guess what? I'm sick! Yep, you heard me right, there is some kind of cruel joke being played on me right now. I FORCED myself to work all weekend, Saturday wasn't too bad, the tylenol and ibuprofen rotation really helped but yesterday was awful! I could hardly move, achy, felt like my head was going to combust, no ibuprofen at work so I kept taking Tylenol but my fever was still 100, trying to take breaks as much as I could because I was dizzy, felt "floaty" and freezing to the point I had my labcoat on with a blanket wrapped around me. All I wanted to do was go home, soak in a hot shower and get to sleep. So, when releif arrived I high tailed it out of there, not sure how I managed to drive home but I arrived safely, immediately went to the shower and took some ibuprofen. Maddie was heart broken, so excited to see me come home so she could tell me that she got to go to Children's church and saw her teacher Ms Lewis and all I could do was say, that's nice and close the door in her face. I immediately crashed after the shower, have you ever felt like you were floating in your sleep from pure exhaustion or whatever? That was me, I felt like even though I was asleep in the recliner my body was about 2 feet above the chair. Bizarre. I decided last night that with having a fever and so much important stuff going on at the end of the week I was staying home from work today. I feel soooo guilty but I know that I am contagious with something right now and its bad enough that yesterday I probably infected all of my folks but I just can't do it today. My throat is sore, every time I cough I feel like my chest is being ripped in half and I just don't have the energy. I'm sipping on tea and honey already because I know that will at least help me feel a little better, I've got Zycam ready to take every 3 hours to try to zap this bug out and I'm just hoping and praying that Maddie understands that I don't feel well today and she will behave so I can be a slug.
John's last day is tomorrow! He has mentioned that when he is done with school he wants to do some blog posting so maybe you will start seeing some chatter from someone other than me!
I think that just about every person is pregnant in our sunday school class, yesterday Johnny texted me at work to tell me that another couple just made the announcement and I couldn't help but think, wow, must be some fertile water they are all drinking! Later on in the evening Johnny said, we need to get ahold of some of the water they are drinking so maybe we can be next. I'm so mixed on that, part of me says I'm good with just Maddie because she can be so hyped up and sometimes just obnoxious, and I know that she is going to keep us on our toes for the rest of our days. The other part of me says that I don't want her to be left alone when we are gone. I have insecurities on my parenting most of the time.......do I get to short with her to quick? Do I give in to easy just because I don't want the fit to go on and on? Am I doing a good job with this parenting gig? I know that's normal but it doesnt' make it any easier. Than there is the whole fertility side. We had the hardest time getting pregnant with her, do I want the constant ups and downs of are we or aren't we? Expense of fertility meds? Am I a terrible person for not wanting to go through the emotions that I went through for 2 years of trying for Maddie?
On that note I am off to make some more tea, wrap up and try to relax.
Love and Blessings!
Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty."
John 6:35
Monday, February 23, 2009
Posted by The Richmond's at 6:22 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment