Saturday, February 28, 2009

Tomorrow is the big day!!!!

I am feeling better, not 100% but better than I was a few days ago. The house is as good as it is going to get for company coming over--the bathroom is clean, thats most important! LOL John is shaving and getting "beautified" as we speak. Maddie is out of control because she knows that Nanna and Pappa are going to be here in the morning. I almost feel like I did as a kid on Christmas Eve!

Johnny has been firing out resumes every day, just keep us in your prayers that he finds something soon! He was told this week that he couldn't stay on at the place he was interning for a week extra or anything like that because of budget costs. They do alot of work for ODOT and with the cuts that have happened they don't have alot of jobs coming in. When I found that out I was crushed, devastated, angry, you name it. They have let others stay for at least a week, why not Johnny? Is it fair to say that I only care about our budget right now? LOL So when my friends were telling me to have faith in God that everything would work out I popped off and said that doesn't get the bills paid. Wise thing to say? No. Did I have to excuse myself to an empty room and apologize to God for saying that because I IMMEDIATELY felt convicted with what I had just said? YES. Do I still feel bad? Of course. Than one of my good friends at work said something that completly made sense, Satan is trying to take away the joy of Graduation day and the feelings of pride that we have for achieving this awesome accomplishment. She said to tell Satan to leave us alone and enjoy the moment and worry about job searching on monday. That really meant alot to me. I just keep saying a little prayer that a job will come soon and that we will be meant to stay in the area. This is a critical time in so many areas, Maddie will be starting school and it isn't like I can put things on pause with the unknown, the house is not anywhere to the point of being ready to sell for several reasons.....money, thought wasn't in our head, etc. I just want to take a deep breath and say, we made it!

Love and Blessings!

Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty."

John 6:35

1 comments:

Barbara Ferguson said...

Don't be so hard on yourself, Amy. Stress does that to us and you just had to let it out. I'm sure your prayers will be answered soon, along with the ones I'm saying for you. {{{HUGS}}}