Thursday, January 08, 2009

More prayer requests.....

Today Maddie and I toured a private christian school. Why a private school? Well, fact of life is that both of us have to work, we both work dayshift and my work day starts at 6:45. We aren't sure when John will start work because he doesnt have a full time job yet, hopefully everything will work out and he will get something soon after graduation but until than I have to focus more on my work schedule. I called around to find a daycare setting that will allow me to drop Maddie off, they would get her to school, pick her up and keep her until I can get there. The cost is outrageous. So, I checked into private schools which was always something we had been interested in from before the time she was born. Works out that the school we are looking at has all day kindergarted and has before and after school care, you can drop your child off as early as 6am and pick them up as late as 6pm. That is perfect, exactly what we need, and the fact that she would be in a private school is even better. So, we toured today, overall I really enjoyed it, we got to even go in classrooms while they were in session and observe. There is an application, application fee, testing for Maddie and interview process for us ...they lead you to beleive that spots fill up fast so I need to get it in gear. Open enrollment for newbies starts in feb and its first come first serve so the sooner I get in the application the better chances we have, and they told us what the kids get tested on so I think I can have Maddie set for that. I'm going to continue to pray that this is where God intends for us to go and this is the right path for Maddie. If its meant to work out than I know doors will be opened, and if it wasn't meant to work out I have to trust that God will open other options for us. This has always been the thing I was dreading the most....when we found our sitter my prayers were answered and that just kinda fell into our lap but for the last year I have been stressing over the school thing. I'm hoping for the same situation,things will just kinda happen and we will be led to where we need to be.

Ok, enough of the school stuff, I'm starting to stress myself out, lol.

The other thing is that Johnny is going to have an interview with another head hunter/recruiter next wednesday. She said that the companies she is hiring for would probably be willing to hold out until graduation (after all, it is March 1st!LOL) and they are local companies so prayers would be much appreciated that things work out for Johnny to find a job and if we get to stay put that would be a bonus. I know that if we need to move than it won't be a choice BUT.......here's my selfishness again......I would love to be able to stay here, I don't want to have to stress over finding a new job, new place to live, new friends, whatever. I'm not very good with change, can you guess? LOL. Again, I have to put all my faith in God and know that its in His will as to where we will be but I can pray that it works out anyways right?

Today was an off day, didn't feel like an off day with way to much to do, I didn't even take a nap! LOL, that's pretty bad, anyone who knows me knows that I love to take a nap on my days off. =0) I'm hoping tomorrow isn't as hectic. Tonight I started organizing and tinkering in my scrap area so now that is a disaster and I will have to finish that up tomorrow. Not to mention pick up in the basement, do some laundry, finish putting the tree away, clean the dining room, clean the kitchen, pick up the spare bedroom, ugh, yeah, not happening. LOL.

Love and blessings!

Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.

James 1:21

0 comments: