TGIF! Hope everyone has a great weekend! This is my working weekend so nothing planned here. =0( I noticed the moon is looking pretty full which means work will probably be a crazy one especially on the alzheimers unit, they are always more 'animated' over there when there is a full moon. =0P
Today Maddie has a doctor appointment, she is due for a check up but my main reason to making the appointment is her hyperness. I know that most docs won't even humour the idea of screening for ADHD until the child starts school but I am going to try to be as persistent as I can on this one. Her activity level only gets higher as she gets older which doesn't bother me when it is appropriate but the poor child can't sit still when she needs to to save her life, and forget "holding" her down, that only ticks her off and causes a tantrum and this child is STRONG! We are trying to work with her and get her ready for kindergarten because pre-k really isn't an option for us right now and it is really hard, after about 20 minutes she is done and when she reaches that point there is no sense in trying to keep going. At ballet when the kids are in a circle listening to the teacher Maddie is the one running around everyone like she is playing duck duck goose and the teacher even has to tell her to focus so she doesn't get hurt doing a new position. OH, and church? HA! We have to keep her with us in the sanctuary until they call childrens church which isn't long--just the hymnals and a prayer but it is FOREVER for me because when everyone is singing Maddie is doing twirls down the pew isle and pretty much out of control. Bedtime is still an issue, we just can't get her to settle down, we let her watch 1 movie to get her to calm down and I know they say that television is bad for the hyper kids but we have let her do it for so long it would cause a round of meltdowns that I don't know is worth the fight. We have been really watching her sugar content but to be honest I don't think that affects her one way or the other. I only let her have strawberry or chocolate milk in the morning and limit her sweets to the 100 calorie packs if she is really wanting something sugary or she loves pudding so I will let her have that. Ultimately it becomes a frustruation issue because even though I know that she can't necessarily sit still the way I want her too at times it makes me want to pull my hair out. She is so stinkin smart --if she sees something done once or twice she's got the concept down pat and even though I KNOW that ADHD and intelligence have nothing to do with it I don't want her to start school and become a victim of being pushed aside because the teacher doesn't know her the way we do. We have the time to really work with her until she officially starts school but I just want to know what we are dealing with. Know what I mean? Not to mention although it doesn't bother Daddy at all to see her acting up like that, he laughs and says, that was ME at her age--so he GETS her but for me I just want to pull my hair out and sometimes I find myself asking myself if I just suck as a parent.
ANYWHO--
Here is another christmas card I created:
I worked with some birthday pics yesterday:

This is with my Crate Paper kit from TSR:
Thats it for now!
Love and blessings
I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands.
Psalm 119:10
Friday, November 14, 2008
Posted by The Richmond's at 7:47 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment