Happy Monday!
No word on the job front yet, please continue to pray for us while we are trying to deal with everything, especially pray for my sanity and stress level, it is through the roof and I really feel as if I will break at any time.
For those of you that don't know, Maddie's screening has come and gone. She is no where ready for Kindergarden, I can't help but blame myself for not putting her in prek last year but no need to beat myself up over it now, its done and over with, as my favorite saying goes, it is what it is. The principal said she is very distracted and "wore her out" trying to keep her on task. She asked Maddie to draw a circle Maddie said she wanted to draw a triangle. She told Maddie to draw a circle again and she asked if she could go work on a puzzle. Oh aggravating. Not to mention what they are learning there in prek is amazing! They are reading in Prek! Learning to write in cursive and print, working on phonics...the whole shabang baby. Oh, she said that she isn't mature in some areas either....like holding scissors and crayons. I'm not going to lie, I wanted to cry when she was telling me that Maddie wasn't ready and I wanted to kick myself over and over because I feel like I didn't do what I needed to do to make sure she stayed on task. I've had many words of encouragement that have told me its not big deal that she will be older and than in the end it will be better for her to be a little more mature. I've been told that Maddie will have an easier time and we will be thankful ...so next year she will be starting P4 (prek). Yes, I could put her in public school but my other problems still exsist, I still have to work which means I still need help getting her to school and keeping her after school and that service is really REALLY expensive. With the private school we can still drop her off as early as 6 and pick her up as late as 6 and we know she will be getting a great education. Although the principal did say she knows Maddie is going to be a challenge but she really thinks that being a year older will make a big difference for Maddie. If we push her into public school kindergarten and she is frustruated and therefore getting up to do her own thing they will label her as a behavior and push her aside. They don't have the time, energy for staff to keep up with that. In my heart I really feel like LCA is where she needs to be. I'm also going to have her screened for ADD. I have been saying since she was 2 that she is a little on the ADD side...of course now the sitter is saying that she has some of the characteristics. I mean seriously, how many times do you have to say "Maddie pick up your toys, Maddie pick up the toys, pick up the toys Maddie!" by that point I am irritated because its not a new task, just pick up the toys and she is starting to cry because I am getting angry. OH BOY .....let me just rip my hair out now, hopefully it will be the gray ones. I can't keep doing this if it can be "helped, fixed" or whatever.
Love and blessings!
Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall.
Proverbs 16:18
Monday, March 23, 2009
Posted by The Richmond's at 4:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment