Sunday, December 21, 2008

5, 4, 3, 2, 1.......I INTENDED to do a countdown entry but as usual there isn't enough time in the day for me to get everything done that I need to.

SO, this would have been on Sunday.....
We just got back from our christmas with hubby's family. Always love visiting with family, Maddie had a great time. She got 3 dress up dresses from Nanna and Pappa, a wedding dress, cinderella dress and belle dress all made with love by Nanna! Of course right now her favorite is the wedding dress but I know that she loves all of them. Her latest infatuation is the whole getting married concept so it really doesn't surprise me that she likes that one the best right now. Have no fear though, I know that all of them will get plenty of mileage the way that she likes to wear them on a daily basis. Uncle Josh and Aunt Jen got her a Sleeping Beauty barbie that you can take in the bath with you and one of the heads that you can style. She really loves everything and what a lucky little girl she is!







My goals for the week were:
*make cookies for Santa
*work on picking up around house
*scrap (haha)
*get things ready for Maddie's big day on Christmas

Ok, so fast forward to now..
Monday night was SUPER busy, Johnny had an interview with a recruiter scheduled for Tuesday so we had to go get him a suit jacket. Should have went to Goodwill but we weren't sure that they would have something like that and all though we didn't have the extra cash per say we figured it might be worth it in the end to not have to go on a chase. After we got the jacket we still had to get dinner, 7ish by the time we sat down to eat so that pretty much took care of that day.

Last night we made cookies for Santa, Maddie had a blast, as she gets a little older it is funner making cookies with her because she really "gets" it and can do more. That can be good and bad though.



Today when we got home Daddy said he didnt feel to great, no shock, there has been stomach bug going around at work but it seems to be a fast moving one, so hopefully by the morning he will be feeling better. I sure hope that I don't get it because with the holidays I have to go to work on saturday or I lose my holiday pay. Anywho...He forced himself to go play for the beginning of the Christmas Eve service because he was involved in quite a few parts and didn't want to let anyone down. I cleaned up a little, trying to get toys straightened out to make room for what is coming tomorrow. Maddie had a meltdown from 7-8 and probably should have lost her movie for tonight but I still had way to much to get done so for selfish reasons of my own she got to keep her movie. Daddy started wrapping before having another episode and I finished up so the presents are under the tree and ready to go. My camera has a card and a full charge, the camcorder is going on the charger as soon as I get done with this. So for the most part I think we are as ready as we are going to be for the morning.

Tomorrow I plan on relaxing, scrapping, uploading pics and enjoying my day. Friday is my day off too and I will try to do something around here but I really just want to catch my breath from the hustle and bustle of the last couple of weeks.

Next is to try to think of "goals" for next year....I don't like to say resolutions because those are meant to be broke from the minute you set them it seems, lol.
* enjoy scrapping
* get cards mailed out ON TIME :p
* alter and make gifts

I'm sure I will be adding more....

I hope everyone has a super Christmas with family and friends!

Love and Blessings

There is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known. What you have said in the dark will be heard in the daylight, and what you have whispered in the ear in the inner rooms will be proclaimed from the roofs.

Luke 12:2-3

0 comments: