Thursday, November 20, 2008

I've got the sickies at my house. Its been going around at work and Maddie has been having episodes of throwing up in the morning for about 3 weeks, averaging 2 episodes a week. For her its the weirdest thing, she gets up, throws up once or twice and than she is fine for the rest of the day. Because of her trend I have eliminated the stomach flu, but I began to think of other possibilities, such as some reflux going on. Another thing is she has allergies and her sinuses have sounded a little moist lately so I wonder if the drainage is souring her tummy during the night. Last but not least there is a psyching out theory. Lately Maddie doesn't want to go to the sitters, she just wants to stay home. No surprise honestly, she had horrible seperation anxiety until she was 3 ish, she is very emotional and dramatic, lol--the theory is this, she only gets sick on a babysitter day,never on the weekend, never on my day off, its almost instant when you wake her up and tell her its time to get ready to go to the sitter she starts throwing up. I called her doc, talked to the nurse and without me even mentioning the above psych stuff she started to ask questions like 'does it happen on the weekends' 'is there a trend' so we are going to keep monitoring it for a couple more weeks and see what we come up with. At first when it started to happen I figured I brought something home from work with me, the bug has been going around on my hall but the repeated episodes and trend of only in the morning and than eating and playing fine for the rest of the day kinda took care of that. Today Daddy is home sick though, he was up all night in the bathroom, so lets hope that after surviving not getting it at work and now with him having it that I don't get it!

Provided that everyone is feeling ok Saturday morning we are going to have family pics taken. When we first started I said that I would like to do it every other year so this keeps us on track. Of course I want to get some singles of Maddie too, I haven't had hers taken in the studio for what seems like forever.

I leave you with a pic of Maddie who learned how to cross her eyes, I dont know if you can really see it in the pic but it was soooo funny when she did it. I had to tell her that her face would stay that way if she kept doing it! LOL



Have a great day!
Love and Blessings

Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest, and repent.

Revelation 3:19

0 comments: