Sunday, August 17, 2008

A new look!

Thought I would switch it up a little bit and give the good ol blog a new look. Hope you like!

This weekend has been mostly uneventful and considering how crazy the end of my week was that was exactly how I wanted it. Saturday we woke up early to go to the license bureau, I got my new license and Johnny was due for his registration. By the way, why do the license pics have to be so horrible?

After we took care of that we came home and cleaned for a bit, yes, cleaned I said! Maddie and I cleaned and rearranged her room, she decided that she wanted a "new" room so with rearranging everything that seemed to satisfy her. Johnny worked on the garage, it is become really organized and neat looking I must say!

This morning at about 2 am there was a knock on the door, not just a knock but ringing doorbell repeatedly knocking loud. So, I wrapped up in a blanket and answered the door to find the Reynoldsburg police shining a flashlight at me. WTH? They asked for me and after confirming that I was who they were looking for they showed me a big baggie of stuff and said that my car was unlocked and had been broken into, they wanted to know if I could identify some of the belongings. I was thinking, what are the chances of me getting everything back? So they came in and sent me off to get some britches on so we could talk, LOLOLOL!!! I explained to them that my car wasn't broken into tonight that it was actually a few nights ago. They said that they caught some kid with the baggie of goodies and said he got it from another kid at the skate park. I did get a few things back, my debit card, insurance card and a few credit cards ....and they did have an IPOD but it wasn't mine....bummer!!! I filled out a police report with everything that we noticed was gone, looks like I'm not the only one that got hit up. The police said they can't pin the kid with the actual theft because he said he got it from someone else but he would be charged with possesion of stolen property. What a mess!

I got in another cleaning buzz today this time it was the basement, did some rearranging with Maddie's toys, put all of her stuff at the other end of the basement. I've been busy! I didn't even take a nap! Oh no! Hehe.

3 comments:

Barb Nelson said...

Nothing better than a clean house!! And congrats on getting a few things back. Does your insurance cover your Ipod?? Such a bummer.

Nicole Maki said...

Love the new look of your blog. Very cool!

Cleaning house is always so awesome - it's one of the only jobs that I can actually see results in.

Glad you got a few things back.

Susan said...

I nominated you for a blog award today! Check it out:
http://susieqscrapbook.blogspot.com/

Hugs,
Susan