Friday, July 24, 2009

Wow, it's been a month since I have posted anything? Well, just another one of those why blog moments maybe, lol.

Let's see...

Johnny's job is still going well for him. The other day he nearly gave me a heart attack when he texted me that 2 guys got laid off, thankfully he wasn't one of them. My heart goes out to the guys that did get laid off, been there several times but I'm also selfishly thankful that Johnny still has his spot. We also found out that the first job that cancelled him the day before starting is no longer around or is on temporary shut down so I am very thankful that he didn't go there. I told him I think God was definetly lookin out with that one.

Here's a funny, well, not really but it was to me..the other day Maddie was outside playing and all of the sudden she comes in the house crying and yelling, "my butt" "my butt hurts" I was downstairs and yelled, "your butt?" she hysterically is replying "my butt hurts" so I get her to come down for me to check it out and guess what? She got stung in the right buttcheek! Only Maddie would that happen to! To make matters worse while I am trying to help the girl out she is yelling that she wants her Daddy. (Ever since he was off and they were home together I am chopped liver, lol) I got some good advice from some people for the next time though, I was told vinegar gets the sting out immediately and also that taping a penny on the spot draws out the stinger and sting. Not saying I want a repeat anytime soon, any of you that know Maddie KNOW how dramatic the event was for her.

Miss Maddie also has a lovely attitude most days (said in my most sarcastic tone).... I know she isnt perfect but I notice when there are 2 certain kids with her at the sitter she is really rotten. Not to long ago we were telling her to do something and she said, "I don't have to listen to you" and proceeded to give us the thumbs down sign and say "boo to you". Ok, you know my head almost spun of my neck. I know mom, I'm getting what I deserve, LOL.

Another bit of excitement in the last few weeks is the day that I didn't check the oven first and cranked it up to 450 to preheat. Next thing I know I smell something funny and find a fire in the kitchen. Snap! So what do I do in all my sheer brilliance? I open the oven to see how bad it is. Duh! Great thinking genius, expose the fire to all that oxygen. So of course that caused some huge flames to come out ...snap again! So in panic mode I called 911 and went and got Maddie outside. They told me to get everyone out of the house and at this point we were in the garage, so instead of going out the fence to the front what did I do? I drug her through the house to the front door. What the heck???!!?? Now, our road is completly torn up right now with road construction and all I could think of is "how are they going to get here fast with all this stuff?" It wasn't to long before I heard the sirens, 2 trucks, the ambulance, the whole 9 yards. How embarrassing! Thankfully when they went in the oven had done its job and smothered the fire and there was no damage, they put a big fan in the doorway to help clear the smoke out and they were on their way. Of course Maddie was flirting with the firefighters and in between panic mode I was thinking I should go get my camera so I could scrap it. LOL!!!

The other big thing is Maddie will be starting Pre-k this year. The countdown is ON baby!! I'm so excited. She is really ready to be able to blossom and mature and I can't wait to see how school is going to change her.


I haven't done much scrapping for awhile but here I wanted to share what I actually have got done.







That's it for now, hopefully I won't give up on blogging and hopefully the next time I blog will be sooner than later but I can't make any promises! ;0)

Love and Blessings!

0 comments: