Maddie had another dentist appointment yesterday....I really wanted to try one more time at the regular dentist before we had to schedule her to go to the pediatric dentist. If you know Maddie you know how well she adjusts to changes....NOT! So I really didn't want to go through taking her to another dentist and having her play the strange game, add to the fact that she might get a male dentist and forget it! (She's always had a fear of strange men....took forever for her to get used to her Pappas!) So I psyched her up all week, took her in and the minute she saw the chair, panic set in. Oh no....not again. She wanted to talk to Daddy so we called him and talked to him on the phone, she got her little pep talk. Ultimately, it ended up with me holding her down, literally. I had to put her hands in my hand and hold her torso down so she would let them put the laughing gas on and boy was I working up a sweat. I told them she doesn't have a choice, she can't go through life refusing to do the important things and she keeps complaining about the tooth so it just has to get fixed. I'm sure I looked like a meanie mommy..oh well, life goes on, I don't want to go to work every day but I have to, LOL! She never really completly vegged on the gas, just made it easier to corporate..when they were fixing the cavity you could tell she felt it so they gave her another injection right in the middle of her tooth...YOUCH! Now that she cried over..can't say I blame her...by the end she started to get antsy, it was the dentist, me, and 2 assistants getting the job done. She has her crown though! I took pics....I'll put them on here when I get them downloaded. She is calling it her diamond..that is what it took to get it done, may as well be a diamond with what I had to pay! =D
Friday, May 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment