Friday, May 02, 2008

Heart attack for the day: as usual Maddie wanted to play outside because it was beautiful out, and as usual I let her out to play with Reese as the babysitter. Back track a couple of days, I locked my keys in the house one morning and called Johnny in a panic....he says, no prob go in through the back. So I let myself in and put the lock for the fence in one of the chain links. Back to the present: I hear the doorbell ring, run upstairs to check on Maddie before I answer the door and guess what, she is GONE, yes, I said GONE........Reese and her are NOWHERE to be found! I of course run out barefoot yelling for Maddie, not that I don't care about the dog persay but ..ya know. As I am yelling for Maddie I hear someone say, "she's around here" so I start running to the front, around the corner to meet me is my awesome, beautiful, fabulous neighbor Tony. She said that Maddie and Reese were walking around and pretty much came over to her house. OH MY GOSH! My pants were pretty much darn well near soiled, heart in the bottom of my stomach and I had every thought possible running through my head. Of course Maddie was upset because Tony said that she just got home from work and was tired, going to take a nap. Did Maddie care that she had just gave me a scare? Nope. Did she even want to come to me? Nope. She wanted to go play with Tony. I of course thanked Tony for bringing her back and in the back of my mind I'm thinking, she probably thinks I am the worse parent ever, I let Maddie play outside all of the time ...I can't spend every waking minute out there. In the end, its really my fault, had I remembered to put the lock back on the fence when I was done getting my keys this would have never happened. I should have known little miss smarty pants would have figured out the lock was gone and she was free. Of course the neighbor dogs were barking while the 2 escape artists were running free but they are Beagles, they bark and their own shadows for goodness sake! After getting myself back together, waiting for Daddy to get home so we could talk to her Maddie could care less. We tried to tell her that she could have been hit by a car or even worse yet taken by someone and never to see us again. What did she have to say? "can I go outside and play now?" GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!! KIDS!!!! Love her to pieces but grrrrr!

0 comments: